We had a whopping 91 apprehensions in the month of May. We are currently at 405 apprehensions for the year. We had 722 apprehensions last year and 740 in 2010. We are on pace to shatter both of those numbers this year! Below are some highlights from some of the more notable apprehensions during the month of May.
Sonitrol’s superior Audio Detection system is the only system that allows our operators to Detect and Verify the threat in real time, often before entry is gained. This allows us to immediately dispatch law enforcement to a Verified alarm ensuring the fastest police response. Our superior detection technology results in the highest number of apprehensions.
- 3 suspects arrested for attempting to steal copper wire from a school, district office in Fresno. We dispatched on a power down signal. The suspects were followed to a nearby gas station from the school site where they were taken into custody. They were prepping the district office site for a theft when security arrived. They fled and were captured a short distance later. They were found to be in possession of stolen copper wire that they had taken from a different business prior to their attempted theft at the district office.
- 4 suspects arrested for burglary at a school in Bakersfield after we dispatched on loud, crashing sounds coming from a couple of the classrooms there. The entire time this crime was happening, the suspects could be heard cussing and laughing as they were vandalizing and stealing. They were trying to take a projector and computer equipment. They had also spray painted graffiti at the location. The laughter stopped when Officers arrived to take them into custody on various, felony charges.
- 2 suspects were taken into custody for stealing copper wire at a PG&E facility in Bakersfield after the operator observed several subjects on the cameras stealing copper wire. Deputies arrived in 1 minute to apprehend the suspects.
- 2 suspects arrested at a school in Bakersfield after we dispatched on a door activation coming from the location. Officers arrived to find the suspects running from the location. They were caught after a short foot pursuit. Officers arrived in 2 minutes.
- 2 suspects arrested for burglary at a church in Bakersfield after we dispatched on an audio activation consisting of male voices and sounds of movement. The suspects were here for several minutes attempting to take music equipment and computers. The merchandise was recovered.
- 2 suspects arrested for burglary at a school in Fresno after we dispatched on a door alarm. Movement sounds were heard. Deputies arrived and made contact with the suspects. They had stolen a laptop computer. One of the suspects was a wanted parolee.
- 4 suspects were cited for trespassing at a school in Modesto after we dispatched on audio coming from the location that included voices. Police arrived and found a ladder leading up to the roof. When Officers checked the roof, they found several air vents that had been damaged. It appears the suspects were trying to gain entry to the facility through the ventilation system.
- 1 suspect arrested for burglary at a school in Brentwood after we dispatched on a door alarm. Officers arrived and found a suspect on site. He was taken into custody without incident.
- 1 suspect arrested for burglary at a business in Bakersfield after we dispatched on impact/movement audio. Police arrived in 2 minutes. The suspect was taken into custody without incident.
- 5 juveniles were detained at a school in Sanger related to a late night, air-soft gun war they were having at the location. We dispatched on audio that consisted of knocking sounds and voices. Deputies arrived and notified the juvenile’s parents to come pick them up. Remarkably, there was no damage to the school.
There were numerous other incidents where juveniles/adults were found in swimming pools unsupervised at night, on roof tops, on properties for no valid reason during late night hours. These subjects are up to no good and undoubtedly our dispatching law enforcement to numerous locations for exterior audio has prevented countless incidents of graffiti vandalism, burglaries, and other types of criminal activity. Police/Sheriff’s Deputies/Security responded quickly, in most cases, thus preventing the subjects from carrying out criminal acts. As always, thank you to everyone up and down the organization for a very successful month of May!
We protect more schools in California than anyone else, for good reason: We Catch ‘Em and help districts avoid loss. We protect 100 districts and 1,330 schools in California. This resulted in 555 school apprehensions in 2010 and 454 in 2011.
The schools will all be out for summer vacation soon. The burglaries will rise during the summer months. Please remember to keep all facilities & gates locked, alarmed, and have the bells turned off for the summer months.
For More Information please call 888-SONITROL (888-766-4876).